EDITORIAL The COVID-19 pandemic is a terrible worldwide threat, which also affects the company, our contractors, our employees, their families and their communities.
- RGWE is treating this crisis with the highest priority. Your health is our first and greatest concern. The company has taken drastic measures to reduce the risks of contamination at site. At the same time, we endeavor to ensure business continuity, electricity being an essential resource for the country.
- We encourage all to stay confined to avoid the spread of the epidemy and overcrowding of the medical facilities.
- Be assured that RGWE management is mobilized and ready to do its best to support you in these difficult times. We currently are looking into a support action in favor of the Ras Ghareb Hospital…
RGWE Sponsored the Red Sea students’ competition in Ras Ghareb City
- On 8th March 2020, RGWE sponsored the Red Sea students competition which was held for the first time in Ras Ghareb. The competition was among 7 cities: Safaga, Hurghada, Ras Ghareb, Marsa- Alam , Halayeb, Shalateen, and El-Qesir.
EDITION April 2020 Term: Q2 2020
RAS GHAREB WIND ENERGY SHAREHOLDERS:
Health & Safety
Covid -19 Prevention Plan:
RGWE set up a specific business continuity plan and updated its emergency response plan in order to be proactively ready to face the COVID-19 pandemic. Few examples of actions already in place:
1. Stock of hand sanitizers, masks, and hand gloves was purchased and made available to all the staff.
2. To the extent possible, remote working from home and reduce staff interaction at site. Physical meetings and travels were prohibited. No hand shakings or kisses. Keep 1.5 m distance between staff.
3. Regular information sharing on epidemy and prevention.
4. Body temperature checks at the Site main gate. People having symptoms or who was in contact of infected person are not allowed to enter the Site.
Here are testimonies from the students benefiting from RGWE’s scholarship :
“ It’s the greatest opportunity I have ever had”
“It made me feel special which gave me a motivation to push myself harder to prove that I deserve to be selected”.
“It has become the strongest incentive for me to complete & do what I can to obtain a high degree”.
“I thank RGWE for its outstanding efforts in the education field”.
“I’d like to show my gratitude for everyo“I thank RGWE for its outstanding efforts in the education field”.
First Aid Training:
In March, RGWE organized First Aid training at the Wind Farm. The Egyptian Red Cresent Authority provided the training with the aim that it will be useful not only for employees at work, but also for their families and communities. All RGWE Site staff obtained its certificate.