- With the construction of the wind farm advancing, RGWE also took steps in developing the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) of the company.
- This newsletter is the first one of a quarterly issuance and provides news and updates of RGWE in terms of: Stakeholder Engagement, Community Support Programs, Learning Activities and Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) management.
- The goal of RGWE ‘s CSR is to become an example business with regards to sustainibility and ethics, through both the rigorous application of laws and procedures and proactive CSR actions.
COMMUNITY MEETING IN RAS GHAREB
- RGWE is committed to encourage Stakeholder Engagement within the project and enjoys a positive relationship with the municipal authorities of Ras Ghareb. In june, RGWE’s team met
officially with the city Chairman and the city Secretary. The discussion included updates in the project’s progress and the framework for RGWE’s involvement within the local community.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT PROGRAMS
As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility vision, RGWE is highly committed to support the development of the health and education sector. RGWE had the
chance to meet with Ras Ghareb’s local schools and hospital directors during the month of June and thereafter decided on a set of community support programs to be implemented shortly. The activities will include:
- provision of medical equipment for Ras Ghareb’s Central Hospital and Ras
Ghareb nursing school,
- repairs and maintenance of Ras Ghareb’s 2 high schools that were damaged by the 2016 floods (in collaboration with Orascom Construction),
- a few scholarships for students graduating from Ras Ghareb’s nursing school
and wishing to continue their studies at university.
- As a company with a social vision oriented towards the future, RGWE believes in the support of the youth and therefore decided to hire an intern for the month of June 2018. Alice, a Belgian student in Economics and International Relations was welcomed in the New Cairo headquarters office and contributed to developing the Corporate Social Responsibility plan of RGWE.
- RGWE is committed to provide its employees with at least one training every year on various topics. In July 2018, 3 employees from RGWE have had the chance to fly to Brussels and participate to a 3 days long training hosted by one of RGWE’s shareholder: Engie.