- Selection of 4 additional students who benefit from a Scholar-ships of RGWE. This is bringing to, in total, 11 students sponsored by RGWE.in 2020-2021
- Site cleaning campaign, with trash removal from nearby Wadi and the internal and access roads
- The bird monitoring season of autumn 2020 started on the 15th August 2020 and will end on the 15th November 2020.
- Abdel Halim Fattouh, Faculty of Commerce, Suez University.
- Asmaa Abdel-Megid, Faculty of Nursing, South Valley University
- Fatma Mohamed, Faculty of Sciences, Helwan University.
- Marwa Abdel-Gabbar, Faculty of Nursing ,South Valley University.
Ras Ghareb Wind Energy Shareholders:
RGWE Environmental Coordination
RGWE and all its contractors, were called to hold a cleaning campaign for two weeks to clean the area of 38.9 Km2 of the windfarm. The goal was the removal of flying trash, pieces of wood, metal or plastic, and the search for any environmental issue could not be seen from the windfarm roads.
The area around the substation and its fence was cleaned from trashes. Those attracts unwanted creatures such as scorpions and snakes.
The cleaning team found and removed pieces of wood and plastic left over from the time of construction phase, away from the working places.
Windfarm main access road which is 21 km long was cleaned from the trash.
The platforms and bushes cleaned from flying trash which might cause the death of these bushes.
Autumn 2020 Bird Monitoring
RGWE has mobilized 11 bird watchers from Green Plus (RCREEE subcontractor) at site since 15th August to monitor bird migration over 3196 Hrs. of observation during the first 2 months. The wind turbines were shutdown 27 times with 26.18 Hrs. stoppage duration to avoid bird collisions based on bird watchers request.